Today we make a comparison of two very similar high-end brands of the Samsung brand, we are talking about the Galaxy S21 FE vs Galaxy S21, here are all their differences, the price, our opinion and we also get wet and tell you which one is better to buy. Of course, we also detail all its characteristics, so that you can choose the one that best suits you.
Samsung Galaxy S21
Samsung Galaxy S21 Fe
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE vs Galaxy S21 differences and price
The Galaxy S21 FE has been put on sale in January 2022, it is a review of the Galaxy S21 in which they have taken into account the opinions of fans, that is why FE stands for Fan Edition. But let’s see the difference between the two phones before making a decision, let’s see if they have really taken the fans into account or not in this new edition.
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE vs Galaxy S21 differences:
- The S21 FE has a slightly larger screen since in this case, we have 6.4″ while the Galaxy S21 has a 6.2″ screen, it is a small difference, but it can be a clear advantage.
- The rear part has a different design: the S21 FE is made of a single piece of plastic, while the Galaxy S21 has a camera module with different material and colors from the rest of the rear body.
- The S21 FE has a minimum of 6GB RAM, while the S21 at least comes with 8GB RAM, although it is also true that there are options to buy the S21 FE with 8GB RAM, honestly, in my opinion with 6GB RAM is more than enough.
- The S21 FE has a slightly larger battery, the S21 FE has 4500 mAh of capacity and the Galaxy S21 has 4000 mAh, therefore it is a 500 mAh advantage over the S21 FE, a difference that can save you the end of the day without a doubt.
- The Galaxy S21 has better optical zoom, since the telephoto sensor is 64mpx, while the S21 FE only has 8mpx, so it loses sharpness and detail.
- The Galaxy S21 FE has a better front camera, since its sensor has a 32mpx resolution, while the Galaxy S21 has a 10mxp sensor.
- The S21 FE has an optical fingerprint sensor and the S21 ultrasonic, this for practical purposes does not affect the use, since the two sensors are under the screen, which is the important thing.
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE vs Galaxy S21, same things:
- The same technology and screen resolution. They both have an AMOLED panel at 120hz, so on this, they are tied. Of course, the S21 has 45hz of minimum refreshment and the S21 FE starts from 60hz, this is directly a difference that can be ignored.
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection for the screen, they are just as protected.
- IP68 water resistance, therefore both are resistant to water and dust.
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 888, therefore, is equally powerful and efficient.
- Fast charging and wireless charging, so in battery performance, they are two twins.
- The main camera and the ultra-wide-angle are the same, they have the same 12 mp sensors.
- Very similar price: Right now the 128GB Galaxy S21 FE is worth € 759 and the 128GB Galaxy S21 is worth € 635, but the trend is for them to be the same in price.
At the same price, I would buy the Galaxy S21 FE since it offers more battery and a larger screen, but this is my personal opinion. Now, if you like photography a lot, the Galaxy S21 is better, since photos with optical zoom are much better, so the decision is really difficult.
It is clear that in screen quality, power and performance they are tied, the difference from 6 to 8GB of RAM is minimal and is not noticeable, in design it also does not matter a bit the differences in the back, the important thing is that they have the same protection, therefore the two are quite the same.
In short, I would buy the one that is cheaper at the moment, if right now you see that the Galaxy S21 is at a better price I would go for it without a doubt since for practical purposes the user experience they offer is exactly the same.